Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Beginning Thoughts

I thought that before I started reading my professor's book, Teaching as Believing: Faith in the University, I would share a few beginning thoughts. It is my understanding that this book was wriiten with the intent to evangelize or as a witnessing tool for Christianity. I also understand that this book is not written with me (a collge student) in mind; however I have strong beliefs about the Bible and what it is intended to be. I believe that the Bible is a historical book written for a certain group of people during a certain time and place. I believe that the Bible gives a holistic picture of what a perfect and holy God had in mind for this world, which includes everyone in the world today. Even with my strong beliefs I am open to hearing others ideas, beliefs, and life experience whether I agree or disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home